Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult to use with ease, nauseating to try...

Pasha R pashar.ml at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:54:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 11:29 PM, Digimer <linux at alteeve.com> wrote:
> On 09/01/2011 04:15 PM, Linda McLeod wrote:
>>

> <snip>
>
>> You'll see...
>>

> When Red hat 8 (original) came out, I hated Gnome and wanted
> Enlightenment back.
>
> When Windows 95 came out, I hated it's new UI and wanted 3.1 back.
>
> Things change, it's part of computers (and everything else). So when F15
> came out, I decided to let go of my old ways of working and try to
> understand the logic and flow of Gnome 3. Now I love it, and get
> frustrated back on Gnome2 machines.
>
> Also, Linux is all about choice. Gnome 3 is what it is. You are welcome
> to use KDE, XFCE, Ubuntu's Ubiquity or any one of the numerous other
> window managers and/or distros.

When Win95 came out it took me less than 1 day to adapt (btw, do you
know that you could use Win3.1-like program manager in Win95). When
RH8 came out, it took  me less than 1 day to adapt. Same for Gnome2,
different versions of KDE/XFCE I tried over time. Gnome3 is the only
exception - used it for few weeks and returned to F14.