F15: Worst. Update. Ever.

Peter G. pgueckel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 21:44:35 UTC 2011

Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 09/01/2011 11:10 AM, linux guy wrote:
>> But not a KDE session !   Apparently none of my KDE packages had been
>> upgraded and my system now only had F15 gnome packages on it.

Just a wild guess: maybe you had some kde-rpm stuff installed and when you
upgraded, you got conflicts with the regular fedora repo versions?

What I do is have a spare partition to install the new system to and I never do
a system upgrade (tred a few fedoras ago, without success; no doubt it works
much better now). This way my old system is still intact and I have something to
fall back on (might need to edit grub to boot the old system).