F15: Worst. Update. Ever.

Peter G. pgueckel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 00:30:29 UTC 2011

Darlene Wallach wrote:

> When you verify the new install works, what do you do with the new
> install on the spare partition and the old install?

When I verify that the new system works, I move in, of course :-) I start using
it right away... like I did last week with Fedora 16α. I leave the old system on
the spare partition, in case something goes wrong with an update to the test
system, so that I still have a failsafe system to use.

I haven't had to use Fedora 15 for about a week, now, since moving all my stuff
over to Fedora 16α. By moving stuff, I mean configuration files, setting up
akonadi, etc. My /home/Documents is a separate partition, so my personal stuff
is never disturbed by a system upgrade.