any way to control disk order?

mcforum mcforum at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 2 03:31:18 UTC 2011

My poor old system died, and I resurrected it by moving the disks to an older
system. For who knows what reason, the kernel has decided to call the external
USB drive I use for backups /dev/sda (the old system called it /dev/sdc).  My
internal sata disks are being called /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc.  This screws with
things like hddtemp where you have to give it args like /dev/sda /dev/sdb.  I
don't suppose there is any available mechanism for forcefully inducing the
kernel to enumerate removable drives last? .................
Plug it in after booting.