Fedora 15 is a lot like Windows OS's.. irritating, offensive, difficult to use with ease, nauseating to try...

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 09:51:56 UTC 2011

On 1 September 2011 21:15, Linda McLeod <lindavaldeen at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I love this Fedora-14, and everything Red Hat, but Fedora-15 is a lot
> like those vile Windows OS's..

Essentially, every time I see a post like this I stop reading as soon
as it tries to argue that something is wrong because it's like
Windows. Reductio ad Gates is not a valid demonstration that something
is undesireable and successive attempts at doing it commonly vary
between 'this is obscure', 'this is oversimplified', 'this isn't
configurable to my liking' and 'I don't like it'. All of those on
their own might be good reasons to object to a design or feature and
might be points worth discussing, but lots of people seem to thing
that the Linux community is about Not Being Windows and that if you
can equate something you don't like to Windows in some way then you've
proved that it's undesireable. This is simply not true.

--
imalone