Vote to extend F14 security updates

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Fri Sep 2 13:28:16 UTC 2011

On 09/01/2011 08:44 PM, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> I run Fedora in school computer lab. I cannot upgrade to F15 because
> of gnome3. In order to help the community stay with Fedora, could
> security updates for F14 be provided until F17 is released?
> Hopefully by then gnome3 will be fully baked.

I do not see this happening. My recommendation, play with dconf default
settings on a Fedora 15 installation and force all users the fallback
GNOME session

[org/gnome/desktop/session]
session-name='gnome-fallback'

This is what we are doing, not because we do not like GNOME 3, just that
we need gradually train people about the new UI. GNOME Fallback session
is enough GNOME 2 like for the average user