Vote to extend F14 security updates

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:29:06 UTC 2011

 On 09/02/2011 12:21 PM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:

Hum ... I find it a difficult proposition to ask users "to step up and
do it" when the march of progress indicates that it wasn't the users
that asked for this change.

That may well be the case and Fedora doesn't really have a choice in that
matter either however "voting" for it isn't really going to bringe resources
necessary to extend the updates cycle.  It still requires a group of people
to work together to do it.   Changes in Fedora as is common with free and
open source projects happen because people volunteered and contributed their
time and effort.    I don't personally have a need for extending the updates
cycle but if there is a team of people interested in that,  I would be happy
to do my part.     I just don't see a whole lot of people interested in that
however.

Rahul