How to change from gnome to KDE and back?

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 09:13:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 1:07 AM, Vinny Onelli <vonelli at verizon.net> wrote:
>> > I would like to try KDE But I don't want to reinstall f14. Is there way
>> > to switch to KDE and then back to gnome? I did select the KDE also
>> > during the installation. at the present time I have gnome running.
>>
>> su -c "yum install @kde-desktop"
>> then look in the drop down menu in the login screen.
>> Peter
>>
> I execute the line by copy it in the terminal went through several line and
> end with nothing to do Here is the result.

Ok, this means that all of KDE is already installed on your machine.

> I do not have a drop down
> menu on my login screen.

Oh yes, you do, it is just invisible. :-) You need to type in your
username first (or select it from a list, depending on your
configuration), and *only* *then* look for the drop-down menu. IIRC,
it should be called "session" or something. You can choose there
between KDE, Gnome, and maybe a few others... ;-)

HTH, :-)
Marko