[fedora] dd

xinyou yan yxy.716 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 14:53:49 UTC 2011

> I am not sure what the problem is.
> The following works for me:
> tar cf archive.tar first
> tar -rf archive.tar second
Yes it can , But tar czf tar rzf can't work
Second :

if I use
gzip -c file1 >>  yyy.test
How can I unpress yyy.test to file1 as file1
I test like it
gzip -c test1 > 1.test
We can use

gunzip -c 1.test >test1

to achieve my answer .
However :
gzip -c test1 >> 1.test
gzip -c test2 >> 1.test

I just gunzip -c 1.test > test1 (the size of test1 now is  the sum
test1 and test2 before)

How can i use gunzip  to separate the  two file ?
I wonder  >>  can remember there are two file ?

> This produces a file that when one runs:
> tar xf archive.tar
> produces the files first and second in the directory.
>
> And as I said is that the complexity of the process can be reduced by
> creating a shell script with the new file name as the argument and
> resulting in the archive.

Yes I agree
Thank you