Confused with UEFI, GPT, SSD, grub, et. al.

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 02:19:00 UTC 2011

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 21:04:19 -0500
Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> Anaconda will not have any alignment issues. They were solved several
> releases ago.

Thanks for the info. I'm always tempted to overthink things
(especially when I'm waiting for parts to arrive and have
time on my hands to make complicated plans :-).

The next interesting thing will be to see how well
the sandy bridge "Intel HD 3000" graphics work
(though I have a GeForce card to fall back on if
the native intel graphics don't function, but I
have seen posts saying in fedora 15 graphics is
pretty functional).