Who supplies the information to configure Dell keyboards?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 11:07:09 UTC 2011

On 09/05/2011 03:57 PM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> I ask because using Fed15/Gnome3 not all keys on the following laptops
> (Dell Inspiron 1764 and Dell Vostr 3750) work.
> For example the key to switch on/off the touchpad. It does not work
> and also does not provide any 'notification'.

Do file a bug report against the kernel in Red Hat bugzilla and cc
Matthew Garrett <mjg59-AT-srcf.ucam.org>  .  It can be reassigned if
necessary.   Keyboard information seems simple at first glance but often
is quite complicated.   For the gory details,  refer to
https://lwn.net/Articles/456146

Rahul