reaching a server behind a NAT

Christopher Svanefalk christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 15:20:28 UTC 2011

Hey all,

sorry if this is not purely Fedora related, but I was hoping I might get
some feedback anyhow from someone who knows more than I do.

I have this:

A NAT-configured router between my house and the internet.
A NAS behind the router.
A dyndns account, set up and pointing to the global address of the router.

I want to be able to reach the NAS from the internet. However, trying to
do so (including attempts to bind to specific ports on the NAS) simply
do not work, and I cannot tell why.

I have set up the router to port-forward the correct portcalls to the
NAS, but that does not solve anything.

So I am stuck, any tips?

Best,

Chris