Vote to extend F14 security updates

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 5 17:37:52 UTC 2011

On 02/09/11 02:14, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> I run Fedora in school computer lab. I cannot upgrade to F15 because
> of gnome3. In order to help the community stay with Fedora, could
> security updates for F14 be provided until F17 is released?
> Hopefully by then gnome3 will be fully baked.

You have my sympathy, but I doubt it will happen. I seem to remember the
trouble caused when Fedora went from KDE 3 to KDE 4, which delayed my
updating Fedora 8 until Fedora 10 arrived. I've had another problem with
Fedora 15 and I'm hoping updates will fix that before Fedora 16.In the
meanwhile I wish you the best, and the problems gets sorted by Fedora 16.