Vote to extend F14 security updates

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Sep 5 18:53:07 UTC 2011

On 09/05/2011 11:37 AM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> I have
> not had the time, but my next step to salvage this piece of equipment is
> to use kde or one of the other gui's.

My desktop is maxed out at 1 Gig, and I'm not in the position to buy a
new one.  (Aside from that limitation, it works just fine for my needs.)
  Currently, I'm using F14 with XFCE and it's very responsive.  Don't
know how F15 would work, because I'm planning on waiting for F16.
However, based on my own experience, I'd suggest that you try it because
it's a lightweight DE that's easy to get used to and your students may
like it.  If you can, consider putting KDE on one of the others as an
alternate DE so that they can try as many desktops as possible and fine
out which one they like best.