script to create dvd sized folders for backup

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 01:46:40 UTC 2011

Dear folks,

Is there a way via script to create backup folders for a certain directory.  I have a home folder with Documents/, Downloads/, Pictures/, Videos/, etc as created by default on Fedora.  I want to say go to Downloads/ and make several folders (dvd1, dvd2, dvd3, ..., ) as many as are needed to backup the whole directory into 4.3 GB dvd sized ones.  If I can make iso images of these it would be an added plus.  I want to backup some photos, Documents, and miscelaneous files that I have into DVDs.  I had a hard drive to do this(backup) but it is giving read errors :(  This way I can save many files and then remove everything to try and test out Fedora 16 (alpha/beta) or install from livecd.

Tia,

Antonio