Getting Intel 4965 wireless working in F15 ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 17:06:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Ranjan Maitra <maitra at iastate.edu> wrote:

> I have this wireless for over four years now, and this works just fine,
> from off-the-shelf. Have you tried using the LiveCD to check whether
> the wireless is picked up?

It works fine with the F15 live ISO.

I can't figure out what the difference is between my real F15 install and
running the Live ISO.

Wireless "just worked" on this machine in F14 and has for a several releases
now.  No problems whatsoever.

I've tried using both the KDE and Gnome applets in F15.  Neither one shows
any available wireless APs.  Running the Live ISO, I see several.

What is the minimum set of packages that one needs to run wireless in F15 ?
I have a feeling I'm missing something.

Thanks