any way to control disk order?

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Fri Sep 9 05:28:18 UTC 2011

You can label the filesystems on each of your partitions.  Then you
mount according to the label rather than by the device special file.

Let me ask google...

   http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Partition/#labels

For years the order of SCSI disks was stable, but there was never any
particular guarantee that the order would be any particular way.  Then
a new release of the kernel appeared that reversed the order!  Since
then the best thing to do has been to label your partitions.

Don Quixote
quixote at dulcineatech.com
http://www.dulcineatech.com/