Address space collision (Was: Is this a bug?)

Adam Tong helpcomm at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 18:38:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

The problem: Whenever I unplug the network wire the mouse and screen freeze and i cannot do anything.

I disabled ntp from gnome gui. The problem is still there.

I noticed a message during startup that i was able to see when i modified manually ntp.conf and then removed the network wire and logged out.

Here is the message:
-----
[0.150219] pci_root PNP0A08:00: address space collision: host bridge window
[mem0x00ccc000_ox00cfff] conflicts with Video ROM [mem0x000c000c0000_0x000ce1fff]
Started LSB: Start and Stop sendmail
-----

If this error gives you any kind of indication please let me know.

Thanks