Using Bitmap Font

Steven Oliver oliver.steven at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 22:48:18 UTC 2011

I'm having trouble installing and using bitmap fonts on my new Fedora 15 install. I prefer to use a font called Dina when I program (found here: http://www.proggyfonts.com/index.php?menu=download). It's a bitmap font, as opposed to a TTF or some other fancy format.

So far I've tried creating a ~/.fonts directory and placing it there. While that causes the font to show up in selection menus actually selecting results in one of two situations:  the font fails to render properly or the program, realizing the failure to display, appears to just fallback to a known working font.

Has anyone else had font issues similar to this? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.