Help Pl: Fedora 15 not detecting PCI Parallel Port

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 17:01:46 UTC 2011

Hello

I have installed Fedora 15 on Intel DH67BL motherboard & Intel I7-2600
Processor. Since I need to print to a Dot Matrix printer on LPT: I added a
PCI Card providing a Parallel & a Serial Port. On the box it says Linux
supported, but does not provide any driver. Literature inside says use
Parport drivers.

BIOS shows the card installed, identifies it as 32 bit/33 MHz, and shows
Vendor/Device Id as <4348:5053>. But there are no options to enable/disable
or change any settings, so I think rest is all software driver related.

I need to initialize the parport driver automatically at boot time. Can
someone provide instructions or point to a resource. Net search on parport
is yielding low level programming links, but I just need to initialize the
parallel port to install a dot matrix printer.

Please help.
Sanjay.