Help requested: Dosemu/Dosbox

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 09:12:52 UTC 2011

Hello all

I have an old xbase/clipper program that I need to run on Linux. Tried it
some time ago on Dosemu on CentOS. Need to run it on Fedora now as the new
hardware does not load CentOS.

Found that Dosemu is missing from Fedora 15 and Dosbox is there instead.
However, it clearly states that printing is not a priority for it and I need
to print out to a Dot-Matrix printer.

Can someone advise why Dosemu has been dropped? And strangely I cannot find
any repo that I can enable while maintaining fedora with protectbase yum
plugin....google searches yield rpm search engines with downloadable rpms
but I can't seem to get to a repo.

Can someone please advise? Graphics & sound are not an issue for me and the
use case is accounting.

With best regards.
Sanjay.