Theunderbird alternative spellchecker -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Sep 12 17:34:37 UTC 2011

On 12/09/11 13:04, g wrote:
> On 09/12/2011 04:17 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>> ... or a way to make it do U.S. English, rather than U.K.
>>>
>> No, as I said, I can spell and I know the difference. It is set
>> to "American." It simply make poor chives [choices, I dropped
>> the O, not the best example] and often completely misses the
>> mark! Perhaps I should set it to UK English and make corrections
>> where required?
> one wants normal words, other wants u.s. english. neither tells v/r.
>
> using "version 2.0.0.24 (20110906)", when i;
>
>    "edit>  preferences>  composition>  spelling"
>
> i see near middle of window;
>
>     Languages:  English/United States ^v
>
>     Download More Dictionaries
>

> does that help?

        I don't know what version I had originally but that offers me
        the one I downloaded/installed this morning which was probably
        the same thing I began with.

        It seems to me the spellcheckers in earlier Thunderbird versions
        caused me less grief. Perhaps I have improved things with the
        most recent effort, but I still have doubt. I'll wait and see..

        Bob