Fedora 15 nm-applet missing on XFCE toolbar

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:05:13 UTC 2011

Had you installed Gnome-Shell prior to that?

Try
# mv /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/status/network.js
/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/status/network.disabled

That way the old nm-applet will load even in gnome-shell (normal behaviour
is nm-applet loading but no icon appearing, because gnome-shell provides
it's own -- which interfaces with nm-applet, hence it always loading).