SVN over HTTP and mod_security

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Sep 10 01:58:19 UTC 2011

Am 10.09.2011 03:47, schrieb Craig White:
> nada - don't use mod_security, know absolutely nothing about it.
>
> I was going to suggest that you check and see if apache foundation has a
> mail list for mod_security because you would get better answers there as
> it appears no one on Fedora Users is actually using the SVN /
> mod_security combo and that's really what you need

i use both mod for subversion modsec is disabled
since you have to disable most rules and svn usually is password
proctected i see no sense activate modsec here without pain

<IfModule mod_dav.c>
 <VirtualHost *>
  DocumentRoot         /Volumes/dune/www-servers/contentlounge/updateservice/subversion
  ServerName           svn.rhsoft.net
  ServerAlias          svn.test.rh svn svn.vm.test.rh
  Options              +Indexes +Multiviews -FollowSymLinks
  IndexOptions         FancyIndexing VersionSort NameWidth=* HTMLTable SuppressHTMLPreamble FoldersFirst
  <Directory /Volumes/dune/www-servers/contentlounge/updateservice/subversion>
   <Limit OPTIONS PROPFIND GET REPORT MKACTIVITY PROPPATCH PUT CHECKOUT MKCOL MOVE COPY DELETE LOCK UNLOCK MERGE>
    Order Deny,Allow
    Allow From All
   </Limit>
  </Directory>
  <Location />
   <Limit OPTIONS PROPFIND GET REPORT MKACTIVITY PROPPATCH PUT CHECKOUT MKCOL MOVE COPY DELETE LOCK UNLOCK MERGE>
    DAV svn
    SVNPath /Volumes/dune/www-servers/contentlounge/updateservice/subversion/
    SVNListParentPath   On
    AuthType            Basic
    AuthName            "Versionsverwaltung"
    AuthUserFile        /etc/httpd/conf/svn_passwd
    AuthzSVNAccessFile  /etc/httpd/conf/svn_access
    Require             valid-user
    Satisfy             all
    <IfModule mod_security2.c>
     SecRuleEngine      Off