[Fedora] Re: itunes-like applications

James Wellnitz jwellnitz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 03:11:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Walter Cazzola <cazzola at dico.unimi.it> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2011, James Wellnitz wrote:
>
>> gtkpod on F15 works well for managing music and videos on my
>> (non-jailbroken) iPod Touch.
>
> thanks, I'll give it a try! Could it deal with e-books as well?

I had assumed you were talking about music and videos - sorry.

I don't believe gtkpod handles pdfs and ebooks.  I've tried it for
photos without much success.

I've used Dropbox for pdfs (previously mentioned discomfort with
security noted).  I've also used FileApp Pro (an app on the iPod
Touch) which has a somewhat clunky but workable ftp interface (it
starts an ftp server on the iPod when requested which can be used to
upload files).  With FileApp Pro, the files only go between the iPod
(or iPad, presumably) and the PC - no mysterious server out in the
cloud.

> Walter

-- Jamie