evolution hack?

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 11:45:30 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 08:21 -0700, Randolph Jones wrote:
> fc 14, evolution 2.32.0
>
> my inbox has suddenly started showing the same piece of mail regardless
> of which message I try to open.
> the message line appears ok, but when i click to open it I get the same
> piece of junk mail. this applies to all but the last message i received.
>
> i recently rolled back fc15 to fc14 because I did not like the absence
> of familiar tools. I had migrated evolution to fc15, and since I
> reinstalled fc14 I have had very slow loading of evolution.
>
> Any idea what is wrong?

I've seen this bug appear every once in a while too. If you look at
'top', you'll see Evolution using 100% CPU as well.

Just resize the preview window. Evolution is getting stuck in a loop
trying to decide if it needs to display the scroll bar or not.

I can't find the BZ number offhand, unfortunately.