LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2

Noah Hall noah.hall at fuduntu.org
Fri Sep 16 18:52:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 7:20 PM, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
>> Out of curiosity:
>>
>> * Are you applying fixes and security updates to gnome2 packages?
>> * do you have a bug tracker/source repo for your gnome2 packages?
>>
>> * What do you plan on doing when F14 goes end of life? Are you going to
>>  provide security and bugfix updates for your distro after that?
>>

> Well technically all you need to do is keep tracking the
> RHEL/Scientific Linux srpms. :) I think there is already a project
> based on Fedora alone out there (don't recall the name at the moment).

This is exactly what we are planning to do :)
At the moment, we are still using the version from F14 for now, but we
are in motion to swap over soon. If we don't go down this path for
various reasons, we will make changes as we see fit and host it
ourselves, separate from our main repos so that other people can use
them as they see fit. For more information, see
http://www.fewt.com/2011/09/important-fuduntu-linux-announcement.html