LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 18:05:54 UTC 2011

On 17/09/11 14:04, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 10:56:15PM -0400, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>> Sound familiar?  (Now, where did I put that Coca Cola Classic I was
>> drinking?)
>
> I understand you do not like GNOME 3, talking about LXDE is great. But
> just bashing.. I don't think that is what this mailing list is for.

I don't think it is "just bashing",
in the above "Classic",
there was a comaprision made to another product,
where consumer (End-user\Customer) experience\satisfaction killed a
decision, made by some marketing\laboratory people (Producer\Upstream)

Gnome. as KDE, Lxde, Xfce, *wm are all products,

A product may cease to be available
at the discretion of the producer, take Gnome2.
To be replaced by what they fell is a more modern product, Gnome 3.
But, to some end-users it is alien to them.

There are a number of avenues open to them:
1: Discuss changing product.
2: Complain enough, so that old product may rememerge.
    (Which I can garner (no pun intended), is what they want.)
3: Keep quite, and change silently.

There are also end-users who  seem to like Gnome3

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded