How to permanently delete root CAs from mozilla products?

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 20:05:13 UTC 2011

On 9/17/2011 3:59 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 16:46, David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sure there is. They come with the Firefox and Thunderbird updates. They
>> are named security updates.
>>
>> --
>>
>>  David
>
> I mean if you accidentally delete good certificates ie AOL, Comodo,
> RSA, there is no way to easily reset certificates to the default state
> other than deinstalling and reinstalling the whole browser.
>
> Of course you can wait for future security updates that includes
> updates to the certs, but what if none comes in the next update?.

Refresh the rpm is the easiest way that I can think of to do that
without uninstalling and them reinstalling.

And, as I recall, if you go to a site for which you do not not have a
certificate you are offered to accept it and add it. Not a disaster but
a slight inconvenience for the careless user.

--

  David