Need KVM switch

Robert Myers rbmyersusa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 23:54:39 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 7:33 PM, jdow <jdow at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Why not just use samba? Works like a champ here for a mixed bag of
> about a dozen computers, occasional Macs, several 'ix, and several
> MS boxes XP through 7. Why make it harder on yourself than necessary?

Same reason I abandoned KVM.  I got tired of fooling with it every
time Microsoft or Fedora changed something.

And since I run cygwin as an x-server, I've got everything on one
screen (well, two, actually.  it's a dual monitor setup).  All that
action gives my i7 920 something to keep it busy.  Remote linux boxes,
embedded virtual linux, embedded virtual xp.  Embedded virtual linux
also makes a good x-server.

Robert.