Need KVM switch

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 19 04:50:39 UTC 2011

On 9/18/2011 8:52 PM, Robert Myers wrote:

> You can run an sshd daemon under Cygwin so that a windows box can be
> ssh'd into just as if it were a linux box.  It was enough of a pain to
> set up, though, that since I don't really need it, I don't routinely
> even set it up.
>
> Robert.

Robert:

The phrase "enough of a pain to set up" is a red flag to me to make sure
I am putting my effort into what I really need versus what might be nice
(aka "gravy"). I appreciate the editorial !!!

That being said, I'll google sshd_deamon to make sure I am understand
what it would provided me

I did try getting the info from the router and it was there
(192.168.2.100) but I couldn't ping it. I can ping myself at the address
on XP/Cygwin. The prospect of digging into this doesn't feel like a good
payoff if I can do what I need, so I think I am going to not press this
question and just enjoy the new level of machine communication the
original answers on this question gave me. If I am in the cygwin shell,
I can push and pull files from the Linux box and that's exactly what I
want to do ... happy camper

Thanks,
Paul