Need KVM switch

Weather birger at birger.sh
Mon Sep 19 06:52:38 UTC 2011

>Given that all I want to do is scp with the occasional ssh, samba seems
>
>like overkill.

If what you mostly want to do is file transfer, start file the sharing service on the windows side and then use smbclient from linux. You don't really need to share anything as windows loves to share all local disks as hidden shares by default. Connect to \\xphost\c$\ for c:, etc.

Scripting with smbclient is not as elegant as scp, but it works. Nothing to install on the windows side. If you don't want to configure samba, just give all info (user, doman/workgroup...) on the smbclient command line.