BFO not working

Weather birger at birger.sh
Mon Sep 19 22:28:36 UTC 2011

Peter Boy <pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de> wrote:

>Am Montag, den 19.09.2011, 08:52 +0200 schrieb Christopher Svanefalk:
>> has anybody had any problems getting past the boot-stage using BFO
>> (http://boot.fedoraproject.org/index)? Whenever I try, I seem to get
>> stuck at the download of initrd.img.
>
>I had the same probleme. I tried it 2 or 3 times and at last initrd.img
>was loaded.
>
>I could install F16 aplha, but after a reboot the system hangs. I'll
>try
>it with the current beta asap.

It works for me... once every 20 or 30 attempts. It usually fails with file not found (timeouts i assume) before i get the menu. Or just hangs when i select something in the menu. If it starts loading it sometimes hangs while fetching the kernel, sometimes while fetching the ramdisk. Once anaconda starts it works like it should.