How to install Firefox 4

Vinny Onelli vonelli at verizon.net
Tue Sep 20 14:58:15 UTC 2011

> On 19 September 2011 11:02, Vinny Onelli <vonelli at verizon.net> wrote:
> > hello,
> > I downloaded Firefox 4 but I couldn't fine instructions to how to
> > install it. I extract the files then double click on file Firefox to
> > run, but it didn't not installed, the icon disappeared left a gray
> > square in place. If I move the Firefox directory can't no longer find.
> > Can it be installed permanently? Vinny
>
> Are you using Fedora 14? If yes then you could use Remi repository.
> Find out more at http://blog.famillecollet.com/pages/Config-en
> After that run this command from the command line:
> su -c "yum --enablerepo=remi update firefox"
> That way you'll get firefox 6.
> HTH
> --
> Hiisi.
> Registered Linux User #487982. Be counted at: http://counter.li.org/
> --
> Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

Thank you Hiisi, for the prompt response. I executed the instruction you
give me, the fallows is the result

[Vinny at Lab2 ~]$ su -c "yum --enablerepo=remi update firefox"
Password:
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Adding en_US to language list

Error getting repository data for remi, repository not found
[Vinny at Lab2 ~]$

I also checked on http://blog.famillecollet.com/pages/Config-en
but i don't see any thing about Firefox.
By the way I do use F14