Samba problems. Samba master fight with Linksys E4200 wireless router with storage ?

Robert Myers rbmyersusa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 23:25:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM, linux guy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm finding the online documentation for Samba to be umm... wanting.  I'll
> post up a little HOWTO when I get my NAS going.

Samba how-to's always have a short shelf-life, because Microsoft wants
to make it as hard as possible.

In getting samba to work in tough situations, I invariably wound up
spending an awful lot of time reading packet sniffer output.

I learned a lot about SMB, about networking, and about Windows, but,
in the end, it just wasn't worth the effort.

Robert.