Samba problems. Samba master fight with Linksys E4200 wireless router with storage ?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 00:27:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:17:23 -0600
linux guy wrote:

> Has anyone gotten Samba working from a virgin F15 install ?

Not exactly. I used to use the web interface to try and
set up samba on each install of a new fedora, but at some
point, I could no longer duplicate my working setup by
starting from scratch with the web interface. I never figured
out why, but since then, I've just been copying my old
/etc/samba/smb.conf file from one fedora to the next and
it keeps on working every time (but I only do file sharing,
no printer sharing, I use IPP from windows for network
printing). Here's my SWAT created file from 2006:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2006/09/04 10:16:43

[global]