Samba problems. Samba master fight with Linksys E4200 wireless router with storage ?

Robert Myers rbmyersusa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 00:29:09 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 8:17 PM, linux guy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Surely its not that hard to get Samba going.
>
> If it wasn't worth the effort, how else did you enable file sharing on a
> mixed client network ?
>
> Has anyone gotten Samba working from a virgin F15 install ?

If you want it to work out of the box, move to Ubuntu.

NFS, ssh, sftp can all be made to work using Cygwin.  We just finished
a thread on that.  There are lots better choices than using SMB, which
is notably vulnerable to hacking.  I've got every damn thing
imaginable sharing every which way, and I don't touch Samba.  I used
to be an expert.  Got tired of fiddling.  My advice: get Microsoft out
of the loop.

Robert.