selinux is a pain

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Wed Sep 21 02:28:32 UTC 2011

On 09/20/2011 04:14 AM, Martín Marqués wrote:
> I reinstalled (better hardware) a server and had selinux enabled (was
> disabled before), and I starting to see why so many people don't use
> selinux.
>
> My question is, how many people are using selinux?
>
> I, for instance, am about to disable it.

I use it. The more I use it, the more I like it.

After I took the time to watch a couple of presentations on youtube and
read a couple of introductory papers, the "flask" concept of keeping
related items in a container started making a lot of sense.

The comments and support on this list have been helpful too.

---
John