selinux is a pain

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Sep 22 00:05:59 UTC 2011

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> On 09/21/2011 06:09 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> I wonder if these very high percentages are not due to the fact that
>> the information is collected soon after CentOS is installed, when
>> SELinux is enabled by default?
>
> Smolt has a cron job that keeps the profiles updated.  So if you disable
> SELinux later,  it will be reflected on the stats

I'm not sure why, but I see I am running /etc/cron.d/smolt
on one CentOS-5.6 server, but not on a second CentOS-6.0 server.
Does it depend on how one installs CentOS?

In any case, this isn't relevant to my main point,
which was a request to SELinux developers
to try to give simple advice with their warnings.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net