info on mgmt of double video adapter

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 10:54:24 UTC 2011

Hello,
some laptops have both an integrated video chipset, and a pci one.
Eg Asus U36SD-RX196X has one I7-2620QM processor with Intel HD
Graphics 3000 and provides a NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M with 1 GB of
dedicated ram too.
For normal operations the embedded Windows 7 OS should use the
integrated one granting minor battery consumption, while for "srong"
video operations, the nvidia one would be "automatically" used...
As I would like to buy this one I was thinking about mgmt of this
double video in Xorg configuration in general and in Fedora 15 in
particular, as I think other hw products have this kind of config.

Any help/info/pointer is appreciated.

Gianluca