Developers responsibillity to Fedora Users

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 22 13:15:27 UTC 2011

Alan Cox is exactly right that the users of Fedora products get them
free and one can make a strong case that therefore Fedora developers
have no responsibility to listen to user's complaints.

However, the Fedora users provide a service to the ReHat company of
identifying bugs that otherwise would show up to annoy the paying users
of RedHat Enterprise .

This is probably a weak argument to support the developers of Fedora
software listening to its users but what is clear is the current
situation leaves a bad taste in the mouths of the current Fedora
user-base. Clearly developers can ignore our complaints, but I have no
evidence that the paying Enterprise customers will be more tolerant of
the strange direction that RedHat is taking.
timesharing, n: An access method whereby one computer abuses many
people.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net