Using diskless clients in Fedora 14

Miner, Jonathan W (US SSA) jonathan.w.miner at baesystems.com
Thu Sep 22 12:23:35 UTC 2011

I did not choose to go the DRBL route; it is more than I need, plus I'm constrained to only use "Fedora 14" tools.

The major part missing from the documentation is the fact that multiple client directories are needed, and that PXE is going to look for a variety of files (based on ethernet and IP address) in the pxelinux.cfg directory. Verified by looking at network traffic at boot time.

- Jon