CentOS-6 by PXEboot?

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Thu Sep 22 16:14:07 UTC 2011

On 09/22/2011 07:03 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Has anyone succeeded in installing CentOS-6.0 by PXEboot.
> If so, would you say how you did it, please.
> I tried, but gave up in the end and used a USB stick instead.
> But I'd be very interested to know how to do it, for the future.

I do this all the time. I wrote a tutorial on setting up a PXE server on
Fedora, but it works just the same on CentOS 6 machines. In it, I show
how to add CentOS 5 and Fedora as install candidates. I don't mention
CentOS 6 directly, but it can be added exactly the same as the others.

https://alteeve.com/w/Setting_Up_a_PXE_Server_on_an_RPM-based_OS

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"