How to install Firefox 4

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Sep 19 15:05:59 UTC 2011

Am 19.09.2011 17:02, schrieb Vinny Onelli:
> hello,
> I downloaded Firefox 4 but I couldn't fine instructions to how to
> install it. I extract the files then double click on file Firefox to
> run, but it didn't not installed, the icon disappeared left a gray
> square in place. If I move the Firefox directory can't no longer find.
> Can it be installed permanently? Vinny

if you have downloaded the archive from mozilla.org there is nothing
to install, unpack the archive and run firefox

if it does not start open a terminal and start it from there because
you will get error-messages - anyways: it is strongly recommended
taht people with questions as minimum thell their fedora version
and arch (x86_64 or i686)