selinux is a pain

Martin Cigorraga msx at archlinux.us
Sun Sep 25 00:19:37 UTC 2011

Hi Andreas,
"SELinux has wasted too much time of my life over the years,
so I decided to no longer use it. I keep my computers up to date
and configure them properly. If that isn't enough, bad luck."

You shoudn't have any problems at all... c'on, it's GNU/Linux! Even a local
firewall is obsolete depending on what will be your system used for :D
And as you say SELinux is intrinsically complicated and bloated. If you
ever need such type of protection try Tomoyo, something between
SELinux and Apparmor but better and actively developed.

--
msx