F15: Erased rpm database!! What now?

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Mon Sep 26 13:38:35 UTC 2011

On 09/26/2011 08:49 AM, Dave Ihnat wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 03:01:16PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>> This is of no use whatsoever in this situation, it doesn't help
>> reconstructing the accidentally erased rpmdb contents.
>> <<suggestions elided>>
>
> Hmm...single point of failure...Bad Thing(TM).

It is not a single point of failure, your system works even with the rpm
database erased, you lose the ability to use rpm appropriately, that is
all. What do you propose?, to have a master slave database with another
server to store the RPM DB? two directories, that does not solves the
"ohh my god, I deleted /var, parent of both rpm databases"