LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Sep 24 17:31:59 UTC 2011

Am 24.09.2011 19:23, schrieb pctech at mybellybutton.com:

> I find it ironic that the people that were screaming about KDE when they went this route are
> defending Gnome for going the same route.....

i do not!
why?

because it has taken years to get the epic-fail of KDE 4.0 corrected

one thing is making mistakes, but another thing is seeing making others hughe
mistakes and instead learn from them make the same mistakes and multiply them
with 3D needed, another options hidden and so on

human making mistakes
smart human are learning from mistakes
stupid human are making the same mistakes over and over

this is simly ignorant and "they made it also" is no valid argument
now it's time that developers all over the world take some breath
and figure out what wrent wrong the last years, think about what
NOT to do and spent a little more brain in major upgrades

this is independent from GONE, KDE or whatever
if we keep replacing working things with alpha-quality we will never reach
a point where most users are satisfied whith their OS/desktop whatever and
this is hopefully not the intention of develp software

(commerical or opensource does really not matter here)