Comparitive Desktop Environments

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 26 20:19:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 11:43 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 09/26/2011 09:11 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > So this morning I tried to get around in LXDE and KDE. I found I quickly
> > got lost in both.
>
> Try XFCE.  You may find it easier to use, and in any case I'd be
> interested in your opinion of it.

Ok, I tried XFCE. I find it far superior to LXDE. You can find things in
a reasonable fashion. It shares with LXDE the problem of not being able
to change the backgrounds. I think people who balk at Gnome 3 would find
it easy to use. Adding things to the panel are much easier than with
LXDE. I am a little confused with Mixer as Volume control but such is
life.
Write yourself a threatening letter and pen a defiant reply.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net