GGoogle chat vs Skype

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 14:08:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 07:41 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Timothy Murphy writes:
>
> > Pardon my ignorance, but how does one use Google Chat?
> >
> > I've downloaded google-talkplugin_current_i386.rpm
> > from <http://www.google.com/chat/video>,
> > and installed it with "sudo yum localinstall".
> >
> > Now what ...?
>
> Log into your Gmail account. Send an invite to a contact. Wait for them to
> accept, now you can talk with each other.

That is not what I do. You go to your gmaail account nad you will see on
the left side an item:
Call Phone

You click on that and a telphone dial will appear on the screen which I
use to dial the number I want to call.
"I think it is true for all _n. I was just playing it safe with _n >=
3 because I couldn't remember the proof." -- Baker, Pure Math 351a
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net