GGoogle chat vs Skype

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 23:56:02 UTC 2011

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:
> Google did not package the RPM properly (which is typical of them). The
> RPM calls for "lib4l2.so.0" in a non-arch specific manor, so yum
> installs both arches of the libv4l package. It never uses the 32-bit
> library.

Sorry I wasn't clear. But my intention was to show the packaging
error. Doesn't really matter if the actual binary is native 64 bit or
not if you care about not pulling in 32 bit dependencies. Yum doesn't
let you remove that automatically pulled dependency later on either
(at least in my limited understanding).

Skype also has a similar packaging problem (at least it used to when I
first installed it). In that case its missing dependencies instead of
extra dependencies.

Hope that clears any confusion and sorry if I offended you by the snip.

--
Suvayu